My Photo
Name:
Location: Franklin, TN, United States

9.19.2007

The Bible Idea Of Prayer

"Our ordinary views of prayer are not found in the New Testament. We look upon prayer as a means of getting things for ourselves; the Bible idea of prayer is that we may get to know God himself."

-Oswald Chambers


Powered by ScribeFire.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mary Collins said...

hey ry,

i'm struggling with this a bit right now. trying to understand how to teach molly the importance/necessity of prayer. i find that I pray more out loud these days so she can hear me as process things; in the car, on walk, when something happens bad or good.

Bottom line for me is this, God uses prayer to change me. Am I brave enough and wise enough to know how to let Molly be witness to the change.

it's tricky and takes real wisdom to know how to do this appropriately with a 2,3,5,10 year old. I pray for grace along the way. I know I have already failed... praise God he redeems and is the perfect parent.

I like this blog... it was great to see you tonight.

-Mare

9/26/2007 1:03 AM  
Blogger Ryan Smith said...

Yeah, it seems like that would be tricky. We've got a little time before we have to worry about it, so hurry up and figure it out and then tell us what to do! Just kidding...

Good to see you too! Let's do something soon...

9/26/2007 10:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home