Zechariah's Prophecies
"Behold the man whose name is The Branch; and He shall grow up out of his place, and He shall build the temple of the Lord: Even He shall build the temple of the Lord; and He shall bear the glory, and shall sit and rule upon his throne; and He shall be a Priest upon his throne: and the counsel of peace shall be between them both."
(6:12-13)
Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion!
Shout aloud, O daughter of Jerusalem!
behold, your King is coming to you;
righteous and having salvation is He,
humble and mounted on a donkey,
on a colt, the foal of a donkey.
I will cut off the chariot from Ephraim
and the war horse from Jerusalem;
and the battle bow shall be cut off,
and He shall speak peace to the nations;
His rule shall be from sea to sea,
and from the River to the ends of the earth.
As for you also, because of the blood of My covenant with you,
I will set your prisoners free from the waterless pit.
(9:9-11)
"And I will pour out on the house of David and the inhabitants of Jerusalem a spirit of grace and pleas for mercy, so that, when they look on Me, on Him whom they have pierced, they shall mourn for Him, as one mourns for an only child, and weep bitterly over Him, as one weeps over a firstborn.
(12:10)
"On that day there shall be a fountain opened for the house of David and the inhabitants of Jerusalem, to cleanse them from sin and uncleanness."
(13:1)
(6:12-13)
Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion!
Shout aloud, O daughter of Jerusalem!
behold, your King is coming to you;
righteous and having salvation is He,
humble and mounted on a donkey,
on a colt, the foal of a donkey.
I will cut off the chariot from Ephraim
and the war horse from Jerusalem;
and the battle bow shall be cut off,
and He shall speak peace to the nations;
His rule shall be from sea to sea,
and from the River to the ends of the earth.
As for you also, because of the blood of My covenant with you,
I will set your prisoners free from the waterless pit.
(9:9-11)
"And I will pour out on the house of David and the inhabitants of Jerusalem a spirit of grace and pleas for mercy, so that, when they look on Me, on Him whom they have pierced, they shall mourn for Him, as one mourns for an only child, and weep bitterly over Him, as one weeps over a firstborn.
(12:10)
"On that day there shall be a fountain opened for the house of David and the inhabitants of Jerusalem, to cleanse them from sin and uncleanness."
(13:1)


4 Comments:
I love that the Bible contains so many prophecies about Christ. I suppose that God had those prophecies put in place not just to remind us that God is God but also to remind His people of His coming Promise.
Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion! Shout aloud, O daughter of Jerusalem! behold, your King is coming to you;
This has been like a life verse for me since I got it with a bracelet someone gave me at the ladies' retreat last year. :)
Another awesome prophecy is in Isaiah, chapter 53. I was going to post it, but it's way too long, lol. These are two of my favorite verses from it (NLT):
Verse 3a - He was despised and rejected--a man of sorrows, acquainted with bitterest grief.
verse 5 - But he was wounded and crushed for our sins. He was beaten that we might have peace. He was whipped, and we were healed!
Thanks so much Ry... Dude about time you update your post! Haha!
I was wondering if someone scared you away! ( ; I love reading your post even though its quite challenging for me just think I am learning a great deal! Smooches!
Peanut
There's also prophecies in Psalms about Jesus' death...
Psalm 34:20 "he protects all his bones, not one of them will be broken."
Psalm 22:14-15 "I am poured out like water, and all my bones are out of joint. My heart has turned to wax; it has melted within me. My strength is dried up like a potsherd, and my tounge sticks to the roof of my mouth; you lay me in the dust of death."
Post a Comment
<< Home